Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Learning cakePHP

Many years ago, when frameworks were emerging for PHP I took a look at them.  I adapted a framework and code generator based on my findings but decided to revisit cakePHP since more companies are looking for this particular skill...
Here are some of my findings.  You can see my current project at:
http://blog.tvcsweb.com/

I first learned the typical way of building controllers but now the scaffold option seems like the way to go.  Granted there is more flexibility if you use the manual method but if you need your project to be up in a hurry, you can't beat it.

So take a look at the project and keep an eye out for some posts about baking cakes.


Brian J. has been involved in web design since 1997. He is the founder of True Vision Computer Services, Inc. His recent focus has been on web applications and information systems development.

No comments: